science club |
Concordia Wifi settings for Linux
Concordia University in Montreal has instructions on how to use their campus wifi network for different systems but despite being a technical university they have not
managed to provide instructions for students using Linux.
Here is how to setup your wifi connection using the Linux Network Manager:
- network: ConcordiaUniversity
- select: security = WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: Protected EPA (PEAP)
- Anonymous identity: --empty--
Check "No CA certificate is required"
- PEAP version: Automatic
- Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username: student user name in lower case. In other words use the part of your concordia email before the "@" part in all lower case.
- Password: your Concordia e-mail address password
Concordia University Wifi Settings for Linux
The Concordia University Wifi networks isolates each client (Wireless Isolation). There is no direct ARP level communication between the machines on the same network. This provides a fairly good protection from a network security point of view. The connection out to the internet is NAT-ed and thus all connections must be initiated from the client side.
© 2004-2023 Guido Socher